Alufoil Trophy 2014: Call for Entries
Alufoil Trophy 2014: A chance to “shine’’ in aluminium foil!
The launch of the Alufoil Trophy 2014 offers companies the chance to enter and place the spotlight on their latest innovations and technologies using alufoil and aluminium closures, in the most prestigious competition of its kind. In addition, the 2014 winners will be featured at interpack, the world’s largest packaging exhibition, in Düsseldorf next May.
Recognition with the award of an Alufoil Trophy is one of the highest honours available to innovators in the field of aluminium foil and closures. Five categories for entries provide ample scope for all kinds of creativity and technological developments – across the entire range of industrial applications and covering the most crucial challenges for alufoil and aluminium closure manufacturers.
- Marketing + Design: Entrants should deliver real improvements to graphic and structural packaging design, ergonomics and ideas that lead to greater shelf appeal at point-of-sale, as well as industrial design solutions.
- Consumer Convenience: Answering calls for improved technical performance that provide real benefits to the consumer.
- Resource Efficiency: Sustainable environmental performance is among the foremost challenges faced by industry. Developments should provide real benefits and demonstrate environmental and commercial advantages whether in consumer or industrial applications.
- Product Preservation: Consumers are increasingly demanding fewer preservatives in food and this is where packaging can really come into its own by delivering products safely and hygienically.
- Technical Innovation: The development of innovative ideas should provide benefits for the brand owner, retailer, consumer and industrial user through the performance of a material, a manufacturing method or conversion process.
EAFA invites entries from packaging designers, brand owners, foil rollers, foil converters, foil container manufacturers, closure manufacturers, household foil manufacturers, retailers, and industrial solution providers; including combined entries from any of these parties. Interested consumers and consumer groups or associations may also enter.
The EXTENDED deadline for entries is now 16 DECEMBER 2013.
Entries showing how an alufoil or alu closure product has developed and improved to meet changing demands in the marketplace, are particularly welcome.